| || |
Joe Vinatieri was reelected to the City Council by the voters of Whittier in April 2008 and 2012 after having been elected to a two-year term in 2006. In 2016, Joe was elected as Mayor in the first municipal election that allowed voters citywide to directly elect the Mayor. Joe was born and raised in Whittier, attended Whittier schools and is employed in Whittier as an attorney at Bewley, Lassleben and Miller.
Joe and his late wife, Sandy, are proud parents of three children, Sarah, Joe and Susie, who attended Whittier schools.
Joe’s local community involvement includes Member of the Board, Whittier Area Chamber of Commerce; Member, Whittier Union High School District Bond Oversight Committee; Member of the Board and Incorporator of Foundation, Whittier High School Alumni Association and Educational Foundation; Institutional Representative, Boy Scouts of America – Pack and Troop 219; Member of the Board and past Vice-President, YMCA of Greater Whittier, and Committee Member of the LAEDC Los Angeles Jobs Defense Council Red Carpet Team.
Joe was on the Social Services Commission for the City of Whittier from 1984-1988 and was a Volunteer counseling youth offenders at Fred C. Nelles School for Boys for 10 years. Joe is a member of Plymouth Congregational Church.
City Council Appointed Organizations
- Southeast Area Social Services Funding Authority, Delegate
- Southeast Water Coalition, Alternate
- Gateway Cities Council of Governments, SR91/I-605 Corridor Cities Committee, Alternate
- LA County Division of the League of California Cities, Alternate
- League of California Cities Revenue & Taxation Committee, Delegate
- Sanitation Districts of Los Angeles County, Delegate
City Council Committees
- Nelles Property Development
- All-America City
- Central Library
| || |