| || |
Beautiful neighborhoods benefit everyone in the City of Whittier with higher property values and improved quality of life. It is the mission of the Department's Code Enforcement Unit to work in partnership with the people of Whittier to promote and maintain a safe and desirable living and working environment.
Code Enforcement responds to complaints from citizens, peer to peer groups, and other agencies. Systematic inspections are also performed throughout the city in an effort to keep developing situations from becoming worse.
One of the tools the City uses to gain compliance with the Municipal Code is the Administrative Citation. In most cases, the person responsible for a code violation is given an opportunity to voluntarily comply with the law and correct the situation. Once the deadline in the Compliance Order has passed, the owner or responsible person is subject to fines and an Administrative Citation.
The Code Enforcement Unit enforces regulations related to the following:
- Conditions of an existing structure that constitute a clear and present danger to the public.
- Building Code violations (building, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, etc.), including construction or change of occupancy without permits.
- Zoning Ordinance requirements for structures (such as use, location, configuration and size) and land use requirements.
- Weeds on private, developed property.
- Swimming pool fences.
- Signs, including signs in the public right-of-way, failure to have required permits, illegal inflatable displays, balloons and pennants.
- Inoperable and abandoned vehicles on public streets and private property.
- Blight on private and public properties. (old furniture, car parts, appliances, etc.)
- Lawn parking.
- Early set out of yard trimmings.
- Illegal dumping.
- Smoking in enclosed public places
You can contact Code Enforcement via e-mail at the following address: email@example.com.
| || |