| || |
For questions regarding aquatic classes, please contact the Palm Park Aquatic Center at (562) 908-3666
AMERICAN RED CROSS LIFEGUARD TRAINING CLASSES 2014
Session I 2/8, 2/9, 2/15, & 2/16 Saturday/Sunday 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Session II 2/22, 2/23, 3/1, & 3/2 Saturday/Sunday 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Fee: $172 Resident Discount $152
- Participants need to be at least 15 years old and pass a Prerequisite Skills Test given on the first day of class.
- Registrations will not be taken on the first day of class and refunds will not be given to those who are unable to pass the Prerequisite Skills Test.
- Those enrolled in either class and wishing to practice the Prerequisite Skills Test can come to Palm Park on February 4, 2014 from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. and review with the instructor.
For additional information and requirements for the Prerequisite Skills Test, please click here.
LIFEGUARD TRYOUT DAY FOR 2014 SUMMER EMPLOYMENT
March 8, 2014 from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. at Palm Park Aquatic Center
- If we have harsh weather conditions (thunder/lightening), the pool portion of the skills test will be rescheduled for Sunday, March 9, however we will still conduct portions of the tryouts on March 8, 2014.
- Participants need to be currently certified in American Red Cross Lifeguarding, First Aid, and /CPR/AED and bring copies of their valid certificates.
- Prior Registration for the Tryout Day is required and there is no charge to attend.
- Those who successfully pass the lifeguarding skills assessments and swim tests will be scheduled to participate in the interview selection process.
Because of the City’s nepotism policy, applicants cannot be related to anyone currently working at the Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department.
ADULT LAP SWIM
Location: Palm Park, 5703 Palm Avenue
Pre-Paid Passes Are Available.
M/W/F: 6:00 a.m. - 7:30 a.m.
M-Sat: 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
M-F: 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
DROWNING IS PREVENTABLE !
The California Park & Recreation Society (CPRS) Aquatics Section and local aquatic providers are working to provide you with the methods, information and tools to prevent needless drowning in California. The purpose of the California Park and Recreation Society Aquatics webpage is to provide valuable resources, community water safety information, educational material and links to prevent drowning and to keep you and your family safe in and around the water.
Please click here for more information.
On-Line Registration for Aquatic classes available.
Register on-line at www.WhittierRec.com
To Register in person, please come to:
Palm Park, 5703 Palm Avenue, Whittier, CA 90601
Click here for map location
| || |