Marriage Licenses, Certificates, Voting & Legal

How and where do I register to vote?
Voter registration forms are available in the City Clerk's office, Whittier Libraries, any post office, or you can register online. 

Phone: (800) 815-2666

Online Voter Registration

How can I see all the municipal laws?
The Whittier Municipal Code can be searched and viewed by clicking the link below.

Municipal Code

How do I get a copy of a city document?
Public records request forms are located in City Hall at the City Clerk counter or by clicking the link below.

Public Records Request

I need a copy of a marriage, birth or death certificate.
Marriage, birth, and death certificates are availble through Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder office. 

For more information, please click link below.

Marriage, birth, and death certificate information

I need a marriage license
Marriage licenses are issued in the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder's office.  Please click link below for more information.

Marriage license information

I need a passport
You can apply for a passport at most post offices and at the Whittier Central Library.

Library Passport Services

I want to get divorced
Divorce petitions are filed at the courthouse.

For information on filing for divorce, please click the link below.

Divorce Information

When is the next election?
The City holds an election for City Council on the second Tuesday of April in even-numbered years.

The next City election will be on April 10, 2018.

City Election Information