| || |
Credit Transaction Limit
Due to the gradual, yet steady increase, in merchant credit card fees, the City of Whittier has established a $5,000 credit card limit per transaction. Effective Monday, December 1, 2014, payments over $5,000 must be made by check, cash, or debit/ATM card. A transaction is defined as the combined fees/taxes, per customer/location, per day, regardless of multiple payees. Payment by debit card is not affected.
Please feel free to contact the City Clerk Treasurer Office at (562) 567-9850 if you have any questions.
Payments will not be processed for Business Licenses, Water or Trash Bills from December 24th until the week of January 5th.
Business licenses can now be renewed online.
- Renewal notices are mailed 30 days prior to the expiration of your business license
- Businesses are given an additional 30 days to renew their business license (i.e. if license expires May 31, it is due by June 30)
- If there is a change in your business name, owner name or business address you will need to renew in person
- Business owners are responsible for keeping their licenses current, please make note of your expiration date
- Since some businesses have other requirements for renewal, not all businesses are eligible for online renewal at this time
- When renewing you license online, your account number is your business license number
- Your PIN number is in the bottom right corner of your renewal, if you do not have a PIN number, you may not be eligible for online renewal
- Businesses are able to renew up to six months after expiration
- Pay Business License Renewal
If you have any questions regarding this service, please contact Business License at (562) 567-9880.
Water and Trash Bill
The online water/trash payments are processed by Union Bank and are limited to eCheck only. Some highlights of the service are:
- All payments made Monday – Friday before 4 pm will be processed by the bank the same day.
- Payments made after 4 pm or on weekends and holidays will be processed the following business day.
- Payments are posted to your water/trash account within three days of bank processing.
- Please be sure to include your entire bank account number from your check, including all zeros.
- Please note that when signing up you will need to create a password that includes at least one of each: capital letter, lower case letter, number, and special character (i.e. !,?,&). An example would be Whittier23!
- If you forget your user name, you will need to create another account.
- In order to pay online, you will need your City utility account number and the amount you owe. The online system will not show your account history or balance due.
- You will continue to receive your bill through the mail, even after registering to pay online.
If you have any questions regarding the service, please contact Customer Service at (562) 567-9530.
| || |