Applying for a job opening with the City of Whittier is easier with our online job application process. You can now do the following:
- Search and apply for positions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Apply for positions from any location with Internet access
- Apply for new jobs without having to re-enter all of the application data
- Receive notice when a position you are interested in becomes available
For Your Assistance
Application Status Updates
Check your email for status notices, such as that your application has been received, invitations to the selection process or if you are not being considered further.
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis unless a deadline is stated.
Online applications are not available for hourly positions. However, you may download the City’s Employment Application to apply for an hourly position.
- Clerical - Temporary (Ongoing)
- Laborer - Temporary (Ongoing - Openings may be in Parks, Streets, or Water)
- Laborer - Temporary (Litter Picker for City Owned Landfill Operations)
- Parking Lot Attendant - Temporary (Closes after receipt of 50 applications)
The City of Whittier is an Equal Opportunity Employer.