The City of Whittier has several Boards and Commissions which were established by Charter, ordinance, or resolution that advise the Council on policy matters or review specific issues and carrying out assignments as requested by the City Council or prescribed by law.
Agendas and minutes are available for review in the our Agendas and Minutes Online.
- Cultural Arts Commission
- Historic Resources Commission
- Parking and Transportation Commission
- Parks, Recreation and Community Services Commission
- Planning Commission
- Social Services Commission
Committees and Task Forces
- Accessibility Committee
- Art in Public Places Committee
- Citizens Technical Advisory Committee
- Greenway Trail East Task Force
- Senior Advisory Committee
- Sister City Committee
- Youth Sports Committee
- Friends of the Whittier Public Library Foundation
- The Hodge Foundation
- Whittier Community Foundation
- Whittier Public Library Foundation
Members are appointed by the City Council to serve four years and must be citizens and qualified electors of the City of Whittier. The members of Boards and Commissions serve without compensation. Application for Board & Commission vacancies may be submitted at any time. Under Council policy, each year the applications on file by March 31st are considered in making appointments for terms beginning July 1st.
|Current Openings||Open Until|
Parking and Transportation Commission
Parks, Recreation and Community Services Commission