The City Manager is appointed by the City Council to be the administrative head of municipal government operations. The City Manager provides for the overall planning and control of City programs in accordance with City Council policies, the Municipal Code, and City Charter provisions.
The City Manager implements the policies and directives of the City Council, and supervises and coordinates the activities of the various City departments. These responsibilities include such activities as identifying problems and key areas of interest relating to the City and formulating appropriate responses, making policy recommendations to the City Council, and encouraging responsible public participation in the governmental process. In addition, the City Manager is responsible for the provision of administrative services to the City Council, representing the City in legislative actions, public information and labor negotiations.
Assistant City Manager
The City Manager is the administrative head of City staff, and in that capacity, performs the functions of supervising the implementation of the programs approved by the City Council. The City Manager is responsible for the day-to-day implementation together with the performance of such duties as public relations responsibilities, administration of legislative matters and maintenance of the fiscal status of the City. The City Manager cooperates with other local governmental entities in the pursuit of common goals.
Major goals for the City Manager's office are:
- To enforce all laws and ordinances as prescribed in the City Charter and Municipal Code.
- To promote the efficient administration of all City Departments.
- To formulate and submit recommended actions concerning policy issues to the City Council.
- To improve service delivery to residents in a cost effective manner.
- To ensure that the City's interests are effectively represented in decisions made by other governmental agencies.
To reach the City Manager's Department, please call 562-567-9301 or send an e-mail.