What you can expect once we receive your report
Once our staff receives your report we typically initiate the following steps in the following order:
- First, your report will be assigned to a Code Enforcement Team Member.
- Second, a Code Enforcement Team Member will inspect the location.
- When a violation is identified and proven, the Code Enforcement staff will use the City's enforcement procedures.
- And finally, if you are requesting a call back, you must leave your name and call back number. A Code Enforcement Team Member will call you within two business days of the initial inspection being completed.
What to do When You Don’t See Any Changes in the Conditions
Many times after you’ve made a report to our Code Enforcement Team you look out your window or drive by on the way back from the store and see the same conditions you’ve already reported.
Then you think, “Why hasn’t my neighbor fixed the problem I reported?”
Here are the 3 most common reasons why the conditions you reported have not been corrected.
- On occasion Code Enforcement staff receives complaints that are not located within the City of Whittier. Our City neighbors include Unincorporated Los Angeles County, Santa Fe Springs, Pico Rivera, and La Habra. If the property you are reporting is located in one of these areas we are unable to handle your complaint.
If the location you report is outside of Whittier’s City limits please contact that city/county to report your conditions immediately.
- What you reported may not be a violation of the municipal code.
- Staff may have already started the education process. We always allow property owners and residents time to address conditions that do not meet the City regulations. We appreciate your patience and understanding. If you have questions about the status of your report please call the Code Enforcement Team Member assigned to your report. You may also contact us via email at WHCodeEnforce@cityofwhittier.org or call 562-567-9190 to speak with a trained team member.
We are very interested in receiving your feedback about our program. If you’ve had some interaction with one or more of our team members that you’d like to tell us about, please send an email to our Code Enforcement Supervisor, Nolan Berentis at firstname.lastname@example.org.